When purchasing shingles you need to find out more than just what color matches you house. Your shingles are protecting your house, which is your biggest investment. Before you buy,
Be Educated | Be Informed | Be Smart
What Makes Malarkey Shingles Better
- Malarkey shingles weigh 245lbs per sq. vrs. competition 218lbs a square – this is because competitors use more filler and Malarkey uses more asphalt.
- Malarkey shingles have the best granular retention average .01% grams vrs. industry standard 1.0% grams – this is due to using more asphalt in their shingles.
- There is actually 100 sf of coverage in their “square” of shingles many competitors only have 97sf – for every 10 square you have to purchase an extra bundle of shingles, that is money out of your pocket!!
- Malarkey allows you to choose their warranty or the warranty of any of their competitors shingles.
- Malarkey shingles uses a Scotchgard Algae Resistant Roofing System from 3M, the most effective solution available against algae damage.
- Class A fire rating – the very best fire rating.
- 1 ¼” nailing zone – most shingles only have a 5/8” nailing area. If your installer doesn’t hit the 5/8” nailing area on a typical shingle this creates a water pocket and also voids the warranty.
- Highlander 30 Shingles
Why Upgrade to a Legacy 50 Year Shingle from Malarkey
- They are an SBS rubber modified shingle – which increases flexibility and weatherability for your roof. Providing better granular adhesion for the shingle and when granules stay on your roof lasts longer.
- Can be installed in weather down to 0 degrees! Proves its flexibility because of the SBS rubber.
- 20 year Scotchgard warranty against algae damage.
- Class 4 impact rating – Many insurance companies will give a discount on your homeowners insurance up to 15% a year!!!